When visiting the Magnificent Morar you would want to explore the area as much as possible. After all the Highlands is known for its outdoor lifestyle to soak up the most of it here are some useful links:
Get around by Bus
Shiel Buses operates regular bus services around the area. They are the only service provider for the area and its worth noting the times they operate. Remember the times vary by season. Click here to check their latest fares and time table for our local route 501.
Getting around by Ferry
One of the most visited attraction for our guests at Morar is the Isle of Skype. You can now access Skye by the Commercial Ferry Service operated from Mallaig Harbour, which is only 5 mins drive from our hotel. Please click here to visit Calmac (Caledonian MacBrayne) who operate the service. You can take your own vehicle on-board the ferry if you wish to do so. We highly recommend you pre-purchase your travel online and also check the weather/sail updated before your departure.
Bespoke Travel Experience
If you are looking for a personalised travel experience that is guaranteed to be a memorable one, then we recommend our local partner Minch Adventures. You can check their TripAdvisor rating to see why we recommend them. Minch offers a door to door service from our hotel and offer a number of “experiences” from group sizes from 2 to 10. Click here to learn more.
Explore Morar by foot
The breadth taking sceneries nestled with sea, loch and hills can really be absorbed through a series of wonderful walks around the local area. Here are some useful links and docs for your explore the area:
- Click here for the Highland Council downloadable brochure
- Click here to explore the walks around Loch Morar
- Click here to learn about alks to the Silver Sands of Morar
- There are many traveller experiences of the local area can be found here on TripAdvisor
Cycling the local areas
The Highlands attracts many local and foreign cycling enthusiasts. You can find the terrain to suit your riding preference from pure road routes to some seriously challenging off-road tracks.
- MTB Trails have given a 4* rating for the local single track trail and click here to learn more about the ride
- Visit CyclingScot website for an extensive read/blog on what you can do in the area
- And… yes e-bikes here in Mallaig for the guests who just want an east stroll around the area